Pages

January 15, 2011

"Yes, the Lord has done amazing
things for us! What Joy!"
Psalm 126:3


I've never chosen a word to focus my new year on before... 
and I can't say that I went out of my way to look
 for one this year. It's more like...
the word chose me!

 I was talking to a friend and during
the conversation I was sharing how
in this new year, I need to get my joy back,
my inner peace, my deep happiness with life etc.

It was then that the word "JOY" chose me...

Merriam Webster Dictionary definition:

1 a : delight,  gaiety
2: a state of happiness or felicity : bliss
3: a source or cause of delight
Synonyms:
beatitude, blessedness, bliss, blissfulness,
felicity, gladness, happiness, warm fuzzies
 
2011 is a year that I plan to be
purposeful in discovering joy!
 
Not the 'warm fuzzies' happiness,
but the joy that is deep in the heart...
the kind that comes from knowing the
Lord and being content and satisfied in life.
 The reason for living kind of joy!


Do you have a word focus this year?
Care to share?
 


No comments: