Pages

August 27, 2011

Preparing for Irene

Listening to the news & weather over the past few days will do one of three things to a person. It will either make you totally freak out and plan as if we are facing an apocalyptic style catastrophe, be totally lethargic remembering how many previous storms we've prepared for only to wake up to nothing or next to nothing happening outside, or to simply keep putting one foot in front of the other!

I tend to take the last option, I'll keep one eye on the weatherman and the other on my 'to do' list! I went to the grocery store this morning. I bought cat food & dog food because the current bags are almost gone, oatmeal & coconut so I can try a new granola recipe, cereal for the hubz, lunch meat because we are out, sandwich bags, apples & bananas and a gallon of milk! OH YA... and my two purchases for the hurricane: M & M's and Chocolate Kisses!

Now honestly, I'm NOT taking this storm all that lightly. We will have water in 5 gallon pails in the tub for flushing & we already fill jugs at the spring for drinking, so we are set there. There are candles in the cupboard from years of waiting for the nor'easters to hit, and the pantry is stocked because the garden is in full season of producing veggies!

We still need to put the lawn chairs in the shed & batten down the rabbit hutch, maybe I'll get a batch of cookies made and perhaps start a pot of soup... JUST IN CASE! Here's to preparing for the worst and praying for the best!! PLEASE IRENE, take a sharp right as you leave the Carolinas! Praying that you are all safely tucked in as Irene makes her presence known!

No comments: