Pages

February 26, 2010

March Can-Jam Challenge.....

I fully understand that the word 'challenge' means....  
"A call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, special effort, etc."
"Difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to the one engaged in it."   (Definitions taken from Dictionary.com)

As those of you who read my blog know, I have accepted a challenge to can something every month with the Tigress Can-Jam !! The fruit or veggie is given to us at the end of the month for the following month and we have about 3 weeks to complete the challenge! It has been fun! As you may remember January was citrus and February was Carrots.

Here's the new challenge for March:  ALLIUMS! Now, I don't know about you, but I didn't even know this word. Thankfully, Ashley, the one who made the choice and author of  Small Measures  explained it to us; ONIONS, SCALLIONS, CHIVES, LEEKS, SHALLOTS, GARLIC etc. Remember our rules...  must be canned using the water bath method! I've already begun my search...  :) 

Check back mid-March to see what I've come up with! This challenge will be intersting for sure!  (I wonder what they will come up with for the rest of the months?!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm delicious. I already have some ideas. although Houston farmers markets are a month or two ahead of other regions, so we're already getting into spring veggies. If I cant find something to do with green onions (only alliums we have right now) I'll have to buy from the store. :P