Pages

July 31, 2008

Cock-a-Doodle-Doo!!

How do you like this little fella?? He is a beautiful little rooster who was placed in a shipment that was suppose to be all hens! He arrived here after being 'discovered' for his beautiful singing voice! :) Keeping hens in a neighborhood is one thing..... BUT, when you have a rooster singing too early in the morning, that is another! Since he couldn't stay in his 'home' we agreed to give him a new home with our girls!He is a little younger then the rest of the 'girls' but he is making himself right at home and letting them know just who is in charge now!! He has beautiful plumage... black, brown and even purple & green when the sunlight hits his feathers just right! (THANKS CARRIE!)

P.S. Sorry these pictures aren't as good as they could be!! Audrey's camera died and I used my cellphone camera!!

2 comments:

mad4books said...

Since I didn't see a name yet, let's let the naming contest begin.

Here's one my dad has used with great success and much merriment in the past:

Colonel Cluck!

Lynette said...

Mel,

I know all about roosters crowing - a neighbor of ours had one for about two months and he crowed all day long, starting before 5:00 a.m.! We haven't heard a peep - or a cock-a-doodle-doo - from him for two weeks, so I'm assuming he found a new home. (Or went somewhere for dinner.)

Thanks for the comment on my blog:)

Lynette