Pages

February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

As you may already know, it is a blustery, **Nor'Easter** type of Valentine*s Day here in NH, with a predicted 15-30 inches! I say bring it on, it's about time! We need it for a good sugaring season and the spring thaw for the wells! This means there will be NO dinner dates for us.... but, that 's ok!! I think I will spend the day baking and prepare a nice dinner 'in' for everyone instead! Thankfully, I have a turkey all ready to go...... just need to make the stuffing and peel the veggies and by dinnertime......... we SHOULD have the yummy aroma of baked turkey & home made bread filling the house!



I started to post my bread baking & recipe last Thursday, but I was sidetracked (which is NO great surprise around here!) LOL :) I'll share a picture for you anyways and post the recipe in another day or two, Lord willing! I HOPE to make some more bread today (ALONG WITH A BATCH OF PETE'S FAVORITE, but seldomly made, OATMEAL COOKIES!) I'll let you know how it all comes out... and IF I really am able to get it together, I'll take more pictures and post them!

Like I've said before, life with 4 teens is bound to be an adventure in itself! ANY achieved goals is the icing on the cake of life during these years!! If you have teens you'll appreciate this quote; "Raising teenagers is like trying to nail jello to a tree." It's a great visual huh!! :)

Have a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day..... remember to let those you love know how much they have blessed & touched your life! God Bless You All...

1 comment:

mad4books said...

Hey, I tried your muffin recipe again, and they were TERRIFIC! I reduced the sugar to 2/3 C., and they were great. Still used the whole wheat, but this time I cooked them all the way.