Pages

November 26, 2010

Mom's Breakfast Sausage Recipe!! DELICIOUS!

We got the unsmoked portion of our pork back
from the  butcher last week!
                                So far, we've tried the pork chops & ground pork!                                
  Here's my mom's recipe for breakfast sausage!
It is beyond wonderful!
                                  
Using 1 pound of ground pork add:
1 tsp. salt
2/3 tsp. ground sage (I add a little more)
dash of thyme
1/2 tsp. black pepper  (I omit this and add at the table)
dash savory   (summer savory)
(did you know there is both summer & winter savory?)
                           
 
Mix by hand or spoon then form patties and cook!
I add a little water to the pan so it won't stick
and to cook out some of the extra fat.

You can also use this recipe with ground turkey
or chicken and probably with any ground meat!

I ALSO FOUND AND TRIED A RECIPE FOR
SWEET SAUSAGE!!

I won't be buying sweet sausage all prepared anymore!
I'll share that next time I make it.
It was VERY good as a pizza topping!

No comments: