Pages

November 16, 2010

I Tried a New Cornbread Recipe....

I tried a new cornbread recipe last night...  it came out very moist and tasty! I went online to find a different recipe then the one I've used over and over to see if I could make any improvements! This one had lots of rave reviews so I gave it a try! Pete LOVED it ... it was moist, it held together and it was tasty!!

West Tennessee Corn Bread

1 Egg
1/4 Cup mayonnaise
1/4 Cup buttermilk
1 TBsp. vegetable oil (I used canola)
1 Cup cornmeal
1/4 Cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Mix the wet ingredients until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Grease (or spray) a 6" skillet or round baking dish, dust with cornmeal. Add batter and bake at 425* for 18-20 minutes. 

NOTE: I doubled the recipe and baked in a 9X9 baking dish... I often use a cast iron skillet though!

No comments: