Pages

November 28, 2008

Happy Day AFTER Thanksgiving!

The day before Thanksgiving is generally spent cleaning & baking, the morning of Thanksgiving is spent making the final touch ups and peeling veggies etc. and the rest of the day is spent enjoying company! The day after is such a WONDERFUL TIME TO APPRECIATE ALL OF THE BLESSINGS! Audrey is an amazing helper! In between her schoolwork and going to work, she helped me get things in order! My family is a definate blessing to me! :)

Travis, Austin & Pete peeled all the potatoes and beets in the morning! What wonderful guys we have!!(Actually, truth be told, Travis also peeled two butternut squashes for me on Wednesday, and baked 2 loaves of bread too!)We had two families join us for dinner yesterday! The Hacker family of 4 and the Walsh family of 2! 11 people around the table was a beautiful sight! I could go on and on about the yummy food & dessert, but I'd rather go on about awesome friendships!! What a blessing these two families are to us!

I believe we all had a wonderful time! After dinner, everyone needed a little time to stretch their legs and start the digestion process... LOL!! The boys (*ahem*, young men) tried their hands a exploding a soda bottle.... they had a few fun, but failed attempts! *(thankfully)*
We eventually all regathered for coffee, tea and desserts (Did I mention they were DELICIOUS?!!) and games!! We had a lot of fun playing 'Apples to Apples' (for the first time) and then a few rounds of 'Fact or Crap'! (yes, I really did use that word, it is the title of the game)!! Laughs, teasing, friendships strengthened, warm weather (I think we hit a balmy 42*) and late day snacks!!
I don't think the day could have gotten much better! THANKS everyone! From our home to yours, God Bless You All!

2 comments:

Beth M said...

Glad you all had a fun Thanksgiving! We had a nice quiet one with just the 6 of us. Dad cooked the turkey and Mom and I made everything else.

mad4books said...

You and Karen have the gift of hospitality, that's for sure. If you told me that I'd be having ELEVEN people in my house...and that I'd have to COOK for them on top of that!!!...yeah, we'd be making reservations somewhere...