Pages

April 24, 2010

HERBAL PROCRASTINATION....

Herbal procrastination caused me to miss my April Can-Jam deadline. I just double checked to make sure the deadline was tonight (Saturday). Well, I should have remembered the announcement day is FRIDAY and the deadline day is also FRIDAY! RRRRGGGHhh... rats!

Well, I'll tell you the truth, I have struggled with what to do this month... the topic; HERBS! I have tossed the 'what to do' question in my mind for a long time... I thought, I know I'll make my own jelly using champagne, lemon and dill....  to be used as a side for fish or chicken. Then, I scratched that idea for a tried & true jelly that I could add mint to. Well, for whatever reasons, that didn't happen either! 

I HATE missing deadlines....  SORRY EVERYONE!  I will still get my jelly made and post it, late, but none the less... posted!! :)  Looking forward to the next challenge topic! I will NOT let another date fly past me!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. We all miss dates sometimes. Me probably more than others. LOL! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

tigress said...

hey melanie,

just remember though you've missed the deadline to be included in april round-up, you have until i post my round-up (this wednesday early am) to post your april entry to be eligible for all the following round-ups.

that's the grace period. if you skip this month altogether, you will forfeit inclusion in all of the rest of the round-ups.

that said, no matter what, keep canning and keep following along! 'cause the canning & fun is the key here in the jam! :)

Melanie said...

Thank you both! :)