Pages

December 29, 2009

It's That Time AGAIN....

It's the time of year when alot of us go through the 'end of year' evaluations. What worked, what didn't work, what can we do differently or better then the last year? Looking back over 2009 it was a year of change. I suppose every year holds change, but this year  was a bigger change then previous years. I worked myself out of a job....  our last two 'kids' Autin & Audrey, graduated from high school! Granted everyone still lives at home, but they are all 'young adults' ready to face what comes their way in life. The challange that comes with this is....

as a mom, I need to allow them the blessing of making mistakes. Talk about hard! Just yesterday as Travis was heading out for the evening, he was slipping on his canvas shoes (no warmth & not much tread) and I just couldn't help myself! LOL I reminded him that it was *snowing* and those shoes won't do much good in this weather! He smiled at me and put on more substantial footware then headed towards the door.... again, hmmmm, 'Trav, you might want to take a coat, that hoodie isn't gonna be warm enough if you get caught in the storm!' LOL Oh boy, do I have alot to learn! As this was happening, I was also chatting with my cousin on the phone who was overhearing all of this conversation....  'Mel, how old is he now?' I know... I know... BUT I bet EVERY mom would have done the same thing!! Good thing we all have a great relationship! My kids laugh and we talk about the 'mom thing'... they know it is hard and love me in spite of it! LOL :) 

Change! Who in the world deals with that well?
Our most recent family picture taken in June 2009
Me, Travis, Audrey, Austin, Abby (Austin's girlfriend) and Pete

Looking forward to 2010 and wondering what awesome and special things God has in store for us!

Focus for 2010....  HOPE

Dictionary definition of hope
 HOPE : verb
1: to cherish a desire with anticipation
2: to long for with expectation of obtainment
3: to expect with confidence, trust

 Jeremiah 29:11 says,
 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.
 "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a HOPE."


Hebrews 6:11-12 says,
"Our greatest desire is that you will keep right on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you HOPE for will come true. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead you will follow the example of those who are going to inhereit God's promises because of their faith and patience."

Praying that each of you who reads my blog will also experience the hope that only comes from knowing the One true God, the I AM, the Lord God Jehovah, the Lord Jesus Christ. For it is through Him that we can have true hope!




No comments: