Pages

September 21, 2008

Over the past few weeks I've been trying to remember a specific short poem ... it is one that my mom had written out and I had on my cork board in my bedroom for years! Today as we were spending time cleaning & sorting through all the 'stuff' in our storage unit, I came across the poem so now I know who the author is! He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!

-Edwin Markham "Out With It"

This poem has impacted me similarly to the Golden Rule... I don't know how many times I've rehearsed it to myself over the years! At our ladies Bible study we've been studying the 'love chapter' and this poem came to mind again. Now, I know it doesn't quote the scriptures, but if you read 1 Cor. 13:13.... the last part of the verse says "... and the greatest of these is love." Love is the greatest & strongest force on earth...... try it, it isn't easy, but you'll 'love' the results!!

No comments: