Pages

August 3, 2016

Bread Bowl Pizza

There was a short video that made its way around Face Book a little while ago.... 
it showed how to make a pizza like dinner using a round loaf of bread!
I have tried it TWICE actually and plan to again! 
It was DELICIOUS and easy to make!!


I used a hard, artisan bread ... 
Cut the top off and scoop out the bread from the bottom part.
It will look like an empty bread bowl!


 Now for the fun part!! 
Add what would be the toppings... but in this case
it's the filling!! I used spaghetti sauce, a mozzarella block of cheese
cut into slices, chunks of ham, peppers, fresh basil and fresh spinach!


Layer the toppings and sauce ending with the 
mozzarella cheese and put the top on!!
At this point, the original recipe called for wrapping it in
tin foil and putting something weighty on top for about 
half an hour, but I skipped this part!! Top the bread with
a grated cheddar blend (or whatever kind you like).


Bake in an oven preheated to 350* 
for about 30 minutes!!


Cool just a bit and cut it up for serving!!
I found cutting was the most difficult part, HOT and messy
but well worth it! It is sooo yummy!!

My second time making it I sauteed up some 
home made sweet sausage, vidalia onions and sweet yellow
peppers. I used the traditional spaghetti sauce and sliced mozzarella
cheese along with some sliced black olives!! That combination 
was very good too!! 

My NEXT time making this I will use an Alfredo sauce with the mozzarella
cheese and sautee' up some bacon, boneless chicken, vidalia onions and 
broccoli!! I can't wait to try this!! It is a great combo for regular pizza, so 
I'm thinking it will be fantastic in this pizza bowl too!!

That's all for tonight.... 
Hope you are enjoying whatever you
are doing! God bless you!



No comments: