Pages

November 22, 2009

Cranberry Jelly


I found an awesome recipe on Food In Jars  for "Cranberry Jelly"!

I've made cranberry bread, cranberry sauce and I've added cranberries to stuffing... but I've never made cranberry jelly before!

This was a 'had to make' recipe for sure especially now that Thanksgiving is only a few days away!

After cooking the cranberries, sugar and a little apple cider till the cranberries pop and cook down a bit, I put them the sauce through a food mill to remove the skins.

This is the first jelly that I've made that didn't call for 'Sure Jell' or any kind of pectin in the recipe! I was a little skeptical to be honest, but it did solidify quite nicely!
And here they are.... the finished product!! Can't wait to try it on toast in the morning!! I bet it would be a wonderful glaze on a pork roast too! :) 

No comments: