Pages

August 27, 2011

Granola


Doesn't this look yummy?!

A friend posted this on facebook and
I tried it today. Of course I adjusted the
recipe a little bit to suit our tastes!

Here's the original recipe in black and the
adjustments I made in blue!

GRANOLA

3 cups rolled oats  (4 cups)
1 cup slivered almonds  (1 1/2 sliced almonds)
1 cup cashews  (1/2 cup pecans)
3/4 cup shredded coconut  (1 1/2 cups shredded coconut)
1/4 cup plus 2 TBsp dk br. sugar  (scant 1/4 cup dk. br. sugar)
1/4 cup plus 2TBsp maple syrup (1/4 cup + PURE maple syrup)
1/4 cup vegetable oil  (1/4 cup Smart Balance oil)
3/4 tsp salt     (none)
1 cup raisins   (I haven't put any raisins or craisins in yet)
I also added 3/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 250* F
In a large bowl combine the oats, nuts,
coconut and brown sugar.

Combine the oil & maple syrup in a separate bowl
and mix then pour over the dry ingredients and mix.

Pour this onto 2 large baking sheets
(or 1 large turkey pan).
Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes,
stirring every 15 minutes.

It is finished when it is an even tan color.
Remove from the oven to cool,
mix in the raisins and store
in a large plastic lidded container.

Next time I make this, I will add sunflower seeds and
 pumpkin seeds along with the coconut & nuts and I'll triple
or quadruple the recipe!

THANK YOU KAREN OWNBY!!




No comments: